Monday, February 21, 2011
Depression
I touched briefly on my last post about our move being delayed. That delay has caused me to be come more depressed then I already was. I have suffered from depression since I was in middle school and it is a roller coaster ride. Some years I am fine, other years not so much. This year and last year were some of the bad years. This year the no contact order ends in July and my step-grandfather promises once it does he will be down her ready to hound us and will hound us the rest of our lives...til he dies or we die as he says. I am so scared that at this rate we won't be gone by July. That come July we will still be down here and on the day it ends he will come down here and start his crap. Which he never really stopped. We know he still comes down here and prowls around or at least he did til it started getting cold. But thanks to the messed up justice system we couldn't do anything unless we had actual proof like in a picture that he had been down here. They couldn't even use the fact that my mother and I once saw him peaking through my grandma's windows when we were outside. I am terrified of this man so if we are still here in July I am not sure what I will do. My depression will be probably be even worse, especially if he starts bothering us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
this is really an awful situation. I know you want to move in part perhaps to get out of this situation. I realize that the Orthodox church is a distance time wise for you to get to, but have you told the priest there about this situation? He should pray for you and maybe he can give some suggestions? I would try to get help - sounds like you may need someone to help you navigate this - both the step-grandfather and the depression. I have struggled with depression too and having friends and others to help is a good thing. Prayers.this is really an awful situation. I know you want to move in part perhaps to get out of this situation. I realize that the Orthodox church is a distance time wise for you to get to, but have you told the priest there about this situation? He should pray for you and maybe he can give some suggestions? I would try to get help - sounds like you may need someone to help you navigate this - both the step-grandfather and the depression. I have struggled with depression too and having friends and others to help is a good thing. Prayers.
ReplyDeleteoh, sorry it posted twice... :) thinking of you.
ReplyDeleteElizabeth, I have struggled with suicidal depressing since I can remember (I'm 58 now). It wasn't until my 40's that I got a handle on it and now the roller coaster is not so frightening anymore, the highs and lows are more even but still there. Hang in there. I would not be the person I am today if I had not lived through my depressions. I've always thought that people who live with depression are closer to God because they see the fallen world more clearly than "happy people". I pray your family situation gets resolved without anyone being harmed. God bless you all.
ReplyDelete