Tuesday, November 8, 2011
The church that I love
So I have only been to two orthodox churches. The one here where I live for now which is a Greek Church and then one I visit when I am in Oklahoma. It's a small Orthodox Church and I believe it's connected to the Orthodox Church in America. There is just something I love about it. I have only been to it twice. Once in September of 2010 and once in April 2011. But it has stolen my heart. The atmosphere there is just so calm and peaceful and the people are very sweet. It's called Holy Apostles.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So you have not moved yet, I see. Sounds like you are perhaps still in a rough patch of your life. Hang in there and feel free to say hi via blog or my blog email any time :) (roosje @ yahoo.ca )
ReplyDeleteSmall Orthodox churches can be very special indeed.
Thanks so much for your comment today! :)
Elizabeth-No I have not moved yet. Well Actually we semi moved. We had to auction the house once my grandma's divorce was final and for two months we stayed in a motel but now we have a rental house a hour away from where we originally lived. The lease is up in Feb on the rental and I am hoping then maybe to leave the state. Being here is just depressing. My mom and grandma have both said the happiest I have been is each time we have been to Tulsa.
ReplyDeleteHi Elizabeth - thanks for letting me know. Sounds like you had a challenging year... are you in school ? do you have a job? I know how much both can impact us emotionally... is there an Orthodox church where you live now?
ReplyDeleteI am praying for you! Remember that God will not abandon you....
I'm not in school yet. I do plan on attending college at some point to become a special education teacher. I am looking for a job. At one point this year we only had one car and my dad moved back in so the car was used for him and my mom to go to work. He has to be there at 5 am and she goes in around 8 am. My grandma would keep it so she could pick both of them up and basically then it would have been hard on her if I had a job as well. But now we have two cars so it's easier.
ReplyDeleteAs for the church there is one an hour away. I try to go whenever I can. I'm also looking to see if there are any closer then that one.
That is a challenging situation... do you know about this website - http://www.orthodoxyinamerica.org/
ReplyDeleteyou may be able to see if there is an Orthodox church closer to you through it.
Praying for you.